Thursday, May 7

Bloomin' Birthday

We've been experiencing 'technical difficulties' in the January home as of late, so today's post is going to be short and sweet. I dug thru. my 'fab. ideas pile' and selected an older Mojo Monday sketch as a starting point. (Be here tomorrow for my take on the most recent Mojo.)

One of my most down-to-earth girlfriends is not especially 'foofy' - pinks and purples, ruffles and ribbon, just aren't 'her thing'. I love the color palette from the retired Autumn Vine Designer Series Paper collection and knew she would too. Really Rust, More Mustard, Sage Shadow, and a bit of Chocolate Chip give this creation a rich feel. I used the Eastern Blooms stamp set and added sassy touches with Vintage Brads. TIP: Combine the small and large blooms to create lovely layered flowers.

Don't forget: Shop Online 24/7. Treat Yourself.

Stamps: Eastern Blooms (111626), So Many Scallops (SAB '08) - retired
Paper: More Mustard (100946), Sage Shadow (101563), Chocolate Chip (102128), Really Rust (100661), Autumn Vine Designer Series - retired
Ink: Chocolate Chip (100908), Sage Shadow (102532), Really Rust (102549)
Cool Tools: Scallop Edge Punch (112091), Scallop Circle Punch (109043)
Sassy Somethings: Vintage Brads (109109)

8 comments:

Melissa said...

I love that paper too! Your card is fabulous! I love it!

Mary Fish said...

Love the rich colors and your take on the sketch! Did you sponge the edges of the little flowers? The layered flowers are amazing. Hugs,

M

Ann Schach said...

The colors are fantastic together. Great job!

Patti MacLeith said...

I will be considering those flowers in a whole new way now! Thanks for the ideas, Denise!

Kim said...

Beautiful card Denise - love all the flowers and layers!

Margaret said...

Very pretty, Denise! I've never been "into" the Eastern Blooms set, but you've made me reconsider ordering it! Love it!

Unknown said...

Very Pretty colors and pleasing to the eye!

Caroline said...

Wow! Lovely card!