Wednesday, December 29

Christmas Thank You's

I hope you enjoyed the holidays and had some time to relax with loved ones. I took some time away from creating (to clean my craft/kitchen table) and to cherish this sweet season.

I was blessed with some very thoughtful gifts this year and wanted to send out a few Thank You notes. I chose a few elements and then put them to work making a set of cards to pop in the mail. I am rarely attentive to how much sassy stuff I pile on a card, but I wanted these to be easy to mail. I'm typically a 'more is more' kind-of gal but I do love the result I got from these two designs.... and I especially love the hint of Christmas from the color scheme.

Of course, I'm most thankful for my two little sweeties.
Wanted to share my joy with you:

Stamps: Musical Backgrounds - WaltzingMouse; PTI - Mat Stack 1 collection (sentiment) Ink: Stampin' Up! Soft Suede and Basic Gray; PTI Vintage Touch - Chamomile Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Crumb Cake and Riding Hood Red; PTI Rustic Cream Patterned Paper: BasicGrey's Wassail collection Tools/Dies: Fiskars - Upper Crest Punch; PTI - Mat Stack 1, Peace Be Still (dove), Double-ended Banners, Lg. Scalloped border, Heart Prints dies Ribbon: PTI - Chocolate Baker's Twine; Stampin' Up - Kraft satin (retired)

14 comments:

Ingrid said...

Denise, both cards are gorgeous. Love them! And your kids are so cute!!

Kristin said...

The kids are adorable... now, you need to remember to do a pic similar to that every year!! I do a Christmas Eve pj pic (with the "newly opened pj's) every year, holding hands, side by side, in front of the tree. It is awesome!

And, I *love* the cards! They are PERFECT!

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, adorable children! And I love the card, too!

Karen C. said...

What a beautiful picture of the little ones!! Your card is so colourful and fun - just perfect for a Holiday Thank You.

Kara said...

both are beautiful..love the first one.....kids are too sweet too!!

Linda Callahan said...

Your cards are gorgeous - and so are those two little ones!

Sue Ann said...

I LOVE THOSE KIDDIES ....... GREAT PHOTO!!! OH and the cards yes yes the cards I almost forgot with all that cuteness.... LOVE THEM!!!

Anna (doctorfoodie) said...

Beautiful cards (and kids)!! Love the Christmassy colour scheme, and the way you used the mat for anchoring the dove/banner. Great!

Janelle said...

Your thank you notes are beautiful -- and kinda match your Christmas tree! Very pretty. Super cute photo of your kids, too!

Nancy said...

The thank you notes are glorious, Denise. Your children are precious. I am sure they made your Christmas magical.

Stephanie said...

Denise, these are both gorgeous!!! Lovely color combinations and paper selections. So, so pretty!

Kristii said...

I totally love both cards!! Soooo pretty!!! Love the photo of your precious little ones! So sweet!!!

Michelle Philippi said...

Wassail is one of my all-time favorite collections - that is one line that I have held on to every last scrap piece to use for as long as it'll last me. The kidlets are adorable - looking so happy.

Emily said...

Both cards are awesome and I love that music stamp! I just thought you were using paper. Too cool!