Tuesday, May 3

CARDS Magazine - Published!

Hi friends! Just wanted to share a bit of joy with you today: I have been published!

Two of my cards are included in the April edition of CARDS magazine and I couldn't be happier... so excited to share them with you today.
Both cards feature the Crate Paper Recollection line of patterned papers... so beautiful and rich.

Mixing patterns and a scalloped edge gives this card a bit of an eclectic feel. I added the tag at an angle and stamped it with the hot air ballon from the Stampin' Up! Sweet Treats set. For some texture, I used a scallop felt matte for my balloon, a few buttons tied with twine, and a crochet flower... all simple details that work together to complement the vintage-esque patterns in the paper.

I think this is a modern-day baby card... perfect for a modern mommy. Rich floral prints, off-set scallops, and a paper-pieced buggy that steals the spotlight. The buttons (especially the "wheels") make me smile.

To see these in CARDS magazine is a dream come true. Thanks so much to all of YOU for your support and sweet sentiments throughout this journey! I plan to continue the celebration tomorrow with BLOG CANDY! ;)

24 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

You go girl!! Your cards are beautiful! Congratulations!

Lou Spiden said...

YAY they look awesome :)

Stephanie said...

Denise.....YOU certainly deserve to be published!!! I always love browsing your blog and seeing such beautiful creations. The baby card is just amazing!!!! Congratulations!

Marie said...

Congratulations on being published =)

Chris said...

These are just awesome! So are you! Congratulations!

Melissa said...

These cards are so beautiful! I just got this paper. I love the baby one!

Elena said...

congrats! what a thrill that must be - the cards are gorgeous - love the baby buggy one especially, very chic!

Angie K. said...

I can see why your cards were published...they are amazing! Congrats to you!

Jen Carter said...

I saw these in my magazine! They are both wonderful!! Very pretty cards!! WHOO HOO!!

Leigh Penner said...

What gorgeous cards! Congratulations on having them published!

Card Core said...

Amazing work, congratulations!!

Keva said...

Well, both of those are QUITE beautiful, so I see why they were published. I love the bright colors and the various patterns. Congratulations!

Vickie Z said...

Congrats to you!! Both cards are perfect and adorable!

Vickie Z said...

Congrats to you!! Both cards are perfect and adorable!

~Tammy~ said...

Congrats! These are just beautiful and publish worthy for sure! I would be so giddy!

Anne B said...

Congrats Denise - gorgeous cards and so exciting to see them in print :) You go girl!

nancy said...

I was so excited for you when I spotted your name two times in the April issue of Cards. Your work is fabulous - and sassy - so it is not surprising that you are helping to sell magazines with your talent.

Sue Ann said...

Happy Dance for you young lady ...... I am not surprised at all to be honest!!! Way to go girlfriend!!!

Trees said...

These are both great! Congrats on your publication!

Vicky said...

Congrats - well deserved - your cards are amazing!

Jen Adcock said...

Whoohoo! That's my girl! Congrats you! I adore your cards and as always a constant source of inspiration. Your nifty use of Restoration is so cool and totally innovative. Hugs.

Kristin said...

Denise... I'll say it again, congratulations!!! These are fabulous cards!! I love Crate paper and seriously love the balloon at an angle. The baby buggie is awesome, of course, and you've done a fab job with both! GREAT job!

Karen C. said...

Denise I love the vintage feel of both cards. I really love the way you used the hot air balloon and images with the button. Congratulations on your publicsations. You certainly deserve it!!

Sherry Wright said...

Just beautiful Denise!