Wednesday, August 3

Pink Persimmon Plays at the Cafe


Hello, friends!  It is so good to be back here - in my sassy stampin' space - here sharing life and all things crafty with you.  Someday when you have a minute to chat I can catch you all up on this crazy summer of mine... but that may have to wait for preschool to start.  Plus, I'm sure you're more interested in crafty goodness...

Today marks a great new chapter for me and my little 'ole spot on the internet as I join with a seriously fabulous group of gals from The Play Date Cafe.  To tell you that I am thrilled to be a part of their Design Team would be an understatement.  

This week's color story for challenge #93 is fresh and fun: 
Watermelon, Sorbet, and Lime

Combine these bright colors with a fabulous sponsor, Pink Persimmon (they are definitely near and dear to me), and we have a match made in stamping heaven...


Banner stamp sets are a hot trend right now.  Pink Persimmon offers 2 sizes - large and small - perfect options for scrapbookers and card makers alike.  Today, I used the Small Banners set and tried to "think outside the triangle".  The result: cutesy kites.  I love the patterns and options this set provides and hope to share a few more ideas for ways to go "beyond the banner" soon.


I've got about 9 unfinished projects laying around (the kitchen table) so I hope to get in the bloggin' groove.  Grab some supplies and whip up a little somethin' for the Cafe - can't wait to see what you create.  Don't miss this chance to snag that $40 Pink Persimmon gift certificate!!

Stamps: Pink Persimmon - Small Banners and Vintage Greetings; Patterned Paper: Pink Paislee - Hometown Summer; Ink: Stampin' Up! Real Red,  Regal Rose, and Kiwi Kiss; Sassy Somethings: American Crafts pom-pom trim, PTI buttons and twine

31 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

Denise...FINALLY huh??!!! It seems like it's been forever since we chatted about this opportunity and we are so thrilled to have your style represented in The Play Date Cafe!!!

Stephanie said...

Denise.........Lovely, lovely card and so adorable since you put the triangles together to make your "cutesy kites." Congrats once again!

Sue Ann said...

Congrats on the Play Date Cafe ~~ Beautiful card as always !!! Great papers, trim and boarder edge!!! Fantastic card!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Denise, we're so happy to have you on board at the PDCC! Love what you did with the little banners, turning them into kites.

Andrea Ewen said...

Denise, you card is simply amazing! I adore those sweet kites...the colors you chose are perfect! The borders are beautiful and the pompom trim is a delightful accent! Welcome to the Cafe...you are definitely going to fit right in! ♥

Melissa said...

So fun! I love the trim and the way the kites look like they're flying!
Hope you're doing well!

LittleSurferGirl said...

Yay! August 4th is finally here! I've been looking forward to your post! Beautiful card...just lovely! I leave for my big trip on Saturday, so I may be out of touch for a while (guess that's not too different from the way it's been!)

Congrats on the DT again! Proud of you!

Kristii said...

You are so clever!!!! Love your kits and your card is absolutely beautiful!!! Congrats on being a part of The Play Date Cafe!!!! You rock my friend!!!

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE those cutsie kites, Denise! And all those yummy trims take this one over the top! Fabulous debut!

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful card...love the colors and the trim and the kites, reminds me of spring.

Mrs. Nancy G said...

OH my goodness! That is so cool how you used the banners to make a kite! So clever!

:-)

Faye said...

What a beautiful inspiration piece!

Jen Adcock said...

What a delectable card. Such a fabulously zingy number. I really am moved and
inspired with your papercraft and am so looking forward to seeing those other nine projects you've got on the boil. Busy days. Sending you much good humor, energy and love, my crafty friend.

Marlena M. said...

Such a great idea to use those banners for kites! So playful and sweet. ;)

Tracey said...

WOW oh WOW!!! LOVE everything about this card Denise!!!! SO happy to have you on our team :)

Michele Gross said...

Get out!! The kites are from banners?? Tooooo cute! I love this creative idea and your card is divine!! So glad to have you finally join our team :D

~Tammy~ said...

So divine and so darn clever! Great inspiration!

Libby Hickson said...

Denise this is completely ADORABLE!!! How stinkin' clever to turn banners into kites. WOW!!! Love having you on the PDCC team with us - I can tell already you are going to inspire me BIGTIME!!

Anonymous said...

that is so clever!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Adorable card and very creative use of the banners for the kites!

Vanessa Middleton said...

What a clever way to use those triangles!!! I love your kites and your card is really pretty!

Carol said...

What a cute card! I just love all the colors. Where did you get the "Just a Note" stamp? I am now your newest follower!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Denise! LOVE your card! Those kites are adorable and I love the patterned paper and pom-pom trim :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Denise, Congrats! This card is so much FUN. The kites are terrific. Love the layering and the pom pom fringe.

Maria said...

A fabulous card! Congrats on joining the team at PDCC!

Donna B. said...

Beautiful card! Love all your elements! Great design.

Lisa Elton said...

This is perfect summer fun! Very creative, very cute!!!

Ruby said...

Gorgeous card Denise, I just LOVE it! So pleased to have you on the team with us and I look forward to getting to know you!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Welcome to the team!!! And what a great card to start the term with--I LOVE all your kites and the strings!!! SO CUTE! Great papers and ribbon treatment--you nailed this challenge:)

Lynn Put said...

Congrats on joining the Playdate Cafe design team! Your card is adorable, I love how you created the fun kites and all of your details look fantastic!

Terri said...

Great take on the challenge. Love the kites you created. Congrats on joining the team., I am sure you will be a great addition. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment about my work too!