Friday, June 1

Floral Treats - CSS Review Day 2


Hi friends!  So glad to have you back for another day of the Clear & Simple Stamps: Release in Review.  Our focus today is on florals and butterflies.  Collection 3 is filled with beautiful floral images, nature inspired themes, and butterflies galore... perfect for spring and summer creations.

I thought it would be fun to make a sweet table setting for a friend.  This would also make a nice little package to take to a hostess, drop with a special secretary, or to gift as a small surprise to someone dear.


The Party Favor 5 die makes a small gable box from one sheet of 8.5 x 11" paper.  It is all one piece and easily folds for sturdy treat packaging.  TIP: To create the floral stamped wrap, I trimmed a strip of On the Catwalk Cream cardstock and adhered it to the die with low-tack tape.  When I ran it through the die-cut machine, I had perfect score lines to coordinate with the box corners.


A small notecard stamped with Flowers completes the ensemble.  I love the variety of blossoms included in this set... and I love the little strawberries.


We hope you'll stop by the other CSS designer's blogs today... lots of lovely projects filled with flowers and butterflies!


All supplies are CSS unless otherwise noted.
Stamps: Flowers, Butterfly Garden 1
Paper: On the Catwalk Cream, Coral Necklace, & I'm a Princess Pink
Ink: PTI Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush, New Leaf, & Pure Poppy
Tools: Party Favor 5 die, Butterflies 1 die,  Tags 1 die
Sassy Somethings: PTI ribbon; Crate Paper buttons

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Shut the front door! Lovin' the wrapped gable box and those adorable heart flowers! So creative!

Elena said...

oh wow! this is so awesome! I love the wrap around the gable box!

Melissa said...

This is so beautiful, Denise! The flowers are so fun with the hearts and strawberries!

Leigh Penner said...

These are so beautiful, Denise!

Rhonda said...

Beautiful Denise!! A sweet set indeed.

Cassie_lu said...

what a great gift set and so summer-y

Unknown said...

So sweet Denise. Darn..I thought I was going to be okay without this set...you just push me over the edge. Gotta have it.

- elbeth - said...

I love your stamping skills! What a wonderful colour scheme - I just love your projects! (And that gable box is so cute!)

whoistracy said...

This is just gorgeous!! Love the colors here and that cute little gable box.

Lori said...

So pretty! Love how you wrapped the gable box--great tip.

Jennifer K said...

Gorgeous Denise! Such pretty, pretty colors.

Jen Carter said...

Oh my! This is so cute!! Really adorable little box and I love the colors you chose!

Jinny Newlin said...

Such great projects and flawless stamping, Denise! And your ribbons and buttons are just delish!

Tanya said...

love me a good set. this is so sweet!