Saturday, August 11

CSS Party Hop: For My Girlie


Are you a hostess at heart?  Do you love to add special touches to everyday get togethers? The Clear and Simple Stamps designers are celebrating today with our Collection 4 Party Hop.

As the kids get older I find that I'm more prone to spend time adding extra details to everyday events... especially for my sweet girlie who loves things to be "just so".  We decided to have a few of her gal pals over for cupcakes and crafting (and the inevitable mess making). ;)


I used the Mini Tri-Fold 1 die to make a mini invitation.  Rag Doll: Willa adorns the front of our sweet note and I cut a Favor Flag for her to hold as a banner.  Even though I only had 3 of these to make, I wanted to keep it simple.

On the inside I added the celebration details by using the new Party Elements: Celebration set.  For a fun twist, I filled a Clear Candy Bag with confetti.... perfect for 4 year olds. ;)


We will plan to craft and play and have mini cupcakes for a snack.  The girls will go home with a little coloring book and a new package of crayons.  I stamped a few different Rag Dolls onto some die cut tags and tied them together with ribbon.  (Note: This would also be a fun idea to send to a crafty/stamping friend.  They could color, trim, and use on projects.)


These ideas can easily be expanded to make a larger spread or kept simple for a small get together.  Enjoy the CSS Party Hop... be sure to visit all the designers for inspiration and fun new ways to celebrate the everyday!

9 comments:

Suzanne said...

Denise, I love the banner across the front of the rag doll, and that patterned paper is perfect!

Susan said...

Everything here is just amazing!! So happy to see you blogging again. Been thinking about you. <3

Melissa said...

So pretty! I love how the ragdoll is holding the banner, and the colors are fun! The coloring book is such a great idea! Can we come?? ;)

Elena said...

the rag doll coloring pages are an awesome idea! and I love the bag 'o confetti inside the invite - any little girl would adore that!

Lisa Elton said...

I am in LOVE with this sweet idea Denise. The little girls will have such a good time, darling project!!

Ruth S said...

What a cute set Denise - I love those little touches like the confetti ;)
Thanks for the inspiration, Rx

whoistracy said...

This is adorable Denise! I love the little coloring "book" you made using the rag dolls. Such a cute idea.

Lori said...

So sweet! Love the little bag of confetti folded inside the trifold invitation.

Linda said...

Cute!!