I am thrilled to welcome you not only to Sassy Stampin' but also to introduce you to Pals Paper Arts! Myself and my stampin' Pals have been working non-stop to create this unique site for Paper Arts Challenges. We'll be using exclusively Stampin' Up! products, but we encourage participants to just PLAY - any and all brands of supplies and stamps are welcome! This week we're hosting a Color Challenge:
- A Melon Mambo card base (standard) gets thing started and is topped with 2 layers of card stock: Bermuda Bay and Chocolate Chip. A patterned Bermuda layer from the Thoroughly Modern Designer Series Paper collection adds a bit of swirly (and sassy) delight.
- I zipped a piece of Chocolate Chip polka-dots through my Big Shot using the Top Note die... I love this shape!
- Melon Mambo Polka-Dot Grosgrain (I opted for the solid side of this fabulous reversible ribbon) runs across the bottom and is accented with two Chocolate Chip Corduroy Brads... today's sassy somethings.
- I adore the Rose is a Rose stamp set. I chose it when I joined Stampin' Up! as a demonstrator as part of my Starter Kit and have been in love ever since. A Rose Is A Rose is a 2-Step Stampin' set. (There is a base stamp as well as a 'shadow' stamp for each of the images.) I inked the base rose image in Regal Rose and stamped it onto Whisper White. Then, using my Stamp-a-ma-jig, I lined up the images and stamped the second layer in Melon Mambo. This same process was repeated for the buds. TIP: Baby wipes are perfect for cleaning your Stamp-a-ma-Jig and keeping all that ink off your hands! Of course, with a 9 month old in the house, I always have a ready supply.
- Stampin' Dimensionals were used to pop my flowers. I even trimmed a portion of a large rose to layer and 'pop' -- the added dimension is stunning! I only used the base image for the leaves - Bermuda Bay on Whisper White.
- A quick sentiment courtesy of Matchbox Messages completes the card. It was stamped in Chocolate Chip onto Kraft card stock and punched using the 1.25" Circle Punch. A Scallop Circle in Bermuda Bay highlights the sentiment. For the final touch, a bright pink button from my 'button bin' accents the floral bouquet.
Now, head on over to Pals Paper Arts to check out the rest of the Design Team's creations and get ALL the details on how YOU can participate in this week's Color Challenge.
Stamps: A Rose Is A Rose (111560), Matchbox Messages (113800)
Paper: Melon Mambo (115320), Bermuda Bay (115317), Chocolate Chip card stock (102128) and Patterns Designer Series (112164), Thoroughly Modern Designer Series (115673), Kraft (102125), Whisper White (100730)
Ink: Regal Rose (105211), Melon Mambo (115656), Bermuda Bay (115655), Chocolate Chip (100908)
Tools: Top Note Die (113463), 1.25" Circle Punch (104403), Scallop Circle Punch (109043)
Must Haves: Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Stamp-a-ma-Jig (101049)
Sassy Somethings: Chocolate Chip Corduroy Brads (114339), Melon Mambo Polka-Dot Grosgrain - reversible (115611)