Saturday, October 13

Rag Dolls: CSS Release Day 4


Welcome back to the Clear & Simple Stamps release festivities!  Are you enjoying all the cuteness? Critters, Uglies, and now Rag Dolls.  I know that several of the DT gals are going to focus on fall today with the Rag Dolls... there are lots of adorable things perfect for Halloween and Thanksgiving,  but I decided to jump ahead, crank up the Christmas tunes, crank down the AC (because in Texas it's still 90 degrees), and go for the merry.  Falala!

There is some masking involved in making the scene for the card.  I'll chat you through it:
  • Stamp body/outfit from Rag Doll: Coats for Emma onto cardstock and again onto a Post-It.  Trim out image from Post-It to create a mask.
  • You are going to use the mask twice. Adhere it on top of your cardstock and then stamp the head from Rag Doll Emma: Happy.
  • Leaving your mask in place, stamp the ornament from Rag Doll: Scenes 1.
I paper-pieced Emma's outfit and the ornament using Glitz Design: Joyeux Noel paper.  How cute is her polka-dot trench coat?  I added finishing touches with Copic markers.



If you're like me then you're always looking for a little treat for teachers or neighbors.  I love to bake, but I'm better at eating the treats than I am about delivering them.  I decided on yummy hand soap instead.  This is an inexpensive and useful gift... and it was so easy to dress up using the Bottle Tag die.

The CSS Bottle Tag is unique because it has an adorable pocket that makes it perfect for tucking a gift card or small note with your treat.  I opted to trim off the pocket and decorate the base.  I love the items from Rag Doll: Scenes 1 because they combine with the leaning Rag Doll collection but are also a perfect size to stand alone on tags, etc.  I gave the ornament dimension by cutting 5 small circles, folding them in half, and adhering the folds together.  It was a quick treatment but provides a lot of 'wow'!


Visit the other gals for lots of Rag Doll sweetness:


(leave some love for my friend, and this month's guest designer!)





For more Sassy Stampin' inspiration, check out the CSS App:

{Click on the graphic above to learn more and to download the CSS Daily App.}

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your card/projects and the soothing color combos.

I had to laugh about cranking down your A/C...an old friend of mine, here in Florida, used to do that and would then build a fire in her fireplace...LOL I think a trip up north would have cost her less given what utility bills can be. Anyway, I'm new to your blog and love what I've seen you do.

Jan D., Florida

Steph Zerbe said...

That is a great gift idea! I'll do that next time over candy. Awesome ensemble, D. I love the 3D ornament, all the patterns and the how you did it using a Post-It note.

Lisa Elton said...

I like your way of getting into the holiday spirit LOL this is cute Denise and I really like your dimensional ornament FUN!

Audrey said...

What a perfectly paper pieced masterpiece! I love the polkadot trench coat and 3D ornament... so fun!

Lori said...

What a great gift idea! Love Emma's paper pieced outfit and the fabulous 3d ornament, too.

Colleen Dietrich said...

I can't take my eyes off that 3D ornament, Denise! It is soooo pretty, especially in the flourished pattern.

Thinking of you and just wanted to say hello!