I inked up three circles in Kiwi Kiss and stamped onto Whisper White. Don't you love the fun patterns? For a twist, I decided to create a topiary flat note.
- The card base is a 4" x 9.25" piece of textured Kiwi Kiss cardstock layered with a Baja Breeze matte and a modern Baja print from Walk in the Park Designer Series Paper collection.
- Using a Corner Rounder, I rounded 2 opposing corners of the Baja layers. I love the subtle shape this gives.
- Striped Baja Breeze Grosgrain runs across the bottom and creates a simple loop on the right side. I emphasized the loop by adding a sassy button - complete with Linen Thread accent.
- I zipped a piece of (2.75" x 6.25") Cameo Coral thru. my Big Shot Machine using the Swiss Dot embossing folder from Cuttlebug. TIP: The Big Shot Starter Kit (116314), as featured on page 193 in the current Idea Book, will NO LONGER BE AVAILABLE AFTER JUNE 30th. If you are interested in purchasing this awesome kit filled with everything you need to get you started with die cutting, be sure to order NOW. And don't forget: All orders over $250 automatically earn additional HOSTESS BONUS rewards - that's $45++ in FREE merchandise!
- My polka-dotted Cameo Coral was layered atop a Kiwi Kiss matte, corner rounded, and embellished with a Round Tab Punch. The 'Life' sentiment was isolated from a John Lennon quote included in the Full of Life set. I simply colored on the stamp with a Chocolate Chip marker, stamped, and punched - voila!
- My flower pot was created in a few easy steps:
- Cut a 2" square and score the top half inch.
- Fold your flap down and adhere. Using a ruler or other straight edge, mark an angle for one side of your flowerpot. Trim along this line.
- Use your trimmed corner and flip it over. (I shaded mine in Chocolate Chip so you could better see it.) Adhere and trim.
- Tada! A perfect pot ready for 'planting' and embellishing.
Note: I added my topiary to the gallery at Color Throwdown - a place for great color inspiration!
At the time of this post there are officially only 17 days until the NEW Stampin' Up! 2009-10 Idea Book and Catalog makes its grand debut. But who's counting, right? Need a catalog delivered straight to your hot little hands ASAP? They're a bargain for only $8 (including Priority Shipping) and should begin shipping late June/very early July.
Stamps: Circle Circus (available July 1st), Full of Life (111500)
Paper: Kiwi Kiss Textured Cardstock - 12x12 astd. In Colors (111345), Baja Breeze (111352), Cameo Coral (100475), Kraft (107070), Chocolate Chip (102128), Whisper White (100730), Walk in the Park Designer Series Paper (115123)
Ink: Kiwi Kiss (111835), Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker (100071)
Tools: Corner Rounder (109047), Circle Punches: 1-3/4" (112004), 1.25" (104403), 1" (109046), Round Tab Punch (108340), Big Shot Machine (1113439), Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder
Sassy Somethings: Button Bouquet (112092), Baja Breeze 5/8" Striped Grosgrain (111375), Linen Thread (104199)