My color scheme was inspired by Dawn McVey: Cream, Black, and 'Grass Green'. (Old Olive) My first thought was, "TWO neutrals??!" Let me tell you, I debated adding another color over and over. I managed to 'stick it out' and adhere to the 'rules'. Speaking of specifications, I used this week's CPS sketch for a simple layout.
- My card base is Old Olive - 5" x 7".
- Using one of my favorite sets, Friends 24-7, I created my own background using a Stamp-a-ma-jig and the damask image dipped in Old Olive. I love that when stamped onto textured Very Vanilla, the paper starts to resemble fabric.
- I trimmed my damask print to 4.75" x 6.75" and added a black matte. Using Linen Thread and some sassy buttons, I 'dressed up' my background. TIP: I string the buttons onto the thread and then slide them into position. When I feel they are 'spot-on', I use a Mini Glue Dot to 'put them in their place' (and keep them there).
- I cut a 3" square of Vanilla and used black StazOn to make floral silhouettes. I matted my 'scene' with Black and Old Olive. Using Stampin' Dimensionals I adhered the framed image to my card base.
- Gallery, a fresh set of frames, is an awesome addition to your stamp collection. I stamped the round frame in StazOn twice - onto Very Vanilla and Old Olive. The 1.75" Circle Punch perfectly pops the olive.
- The sentiment, 'Here for You', is stamped onto Vanilla and punched using the 1.25" Circle Punch. Bonus: it fits perfectly into the center of the Gallery frame.
This card seems well suited for sympathy or for everyday encouragement... with its 'Vintage Vibe' I'm sure it will be treasured.
Create your own vintage treasure.
Paper: Very Vanilla and Basic Black - Textured - 12x12 astd. Neutrals, (108693) Old Olive (100702)
Ink: StazOn (101406), Old Olive (102277)
Must-Haves: Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Mini Glue Dots (103683)
Tools: 1.75" Circle Punch (112004), 1.25" Circle Punch (104403)
Sassy Somethings: Button Bouquet (112092), Button Latte (114333), Linen Thread (104199)