Wednesday, May 16

Sending Sunshine - Play Date Cafe #132


Hi friends!  This week at The Play Date Cafe is a favorite... it's Color Splash week!  I chose to create an encouragement card and send some sunshine to a sweet friend.   I'm also popping it as an entry into the Paper Crafts Magazine Gallery Idol contest.  

Black & White (or cream) + a "splash" of Mustard


I chose several of my Papertrey Ink sets to create with this week.  The background was stamped using Background Basics: Wrought Iron and my focal point is the  Garden Variety II frame combined with Simple Sunflower.  The flower centers are embellished with black pearls from this week's fabulous Cafe sponsor:


I hope you will join us this week at The Play Date Cafe.  The "splash" challenges always stretch me creatively and I have so much fun thinking in "black & white".  I can't wait to see what you create!


All Supplies are Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.
Stamps: Simple Sunflower, Garden Variety I & II, BB: Wrought Iron
Paper: Vintage Cream & Kraft; My Mind's Eye 
Ink: Summer Sunrise & True Black
Tools: Simple Sunflower dies, Seed Packet Frame 2 die, Tiny Tags die; CSS Butterflies 1 die-cuts
Sassy Somethings: black pearls from Want 2 Scrap; Prima trim; Crate Paper button; True Black grosgrain

18 comments:

Joyce said...

What a beautiful card. I love how you have combined those three PTI sets, especially the wrought iron, which I have yet to bust loose. Looks like Summer Sunrise is our PTI 'mustard' color. Love that one.

Donna B. said...

Love the pretty card Denise! Those sunflowers are great and I love the papers you used!

Elena said...

so pretty! love the black pearled flower centers, and the yellow button that brings your eye back up to that side of the card!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Denise, I LOVE this. And I'm so pleased to see you are entering it in Gallery Idol! Good luck, girl!

Karen C. said...

Denise, I love the way you've combined so many elements on you card. The color scheme is very dramatic and really makes the flowers stand out.

Sheryl Berglund said...

I love everything about your card....the sunflowers, the colors, the seed packet, EVERYTHING!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! Beautiful flowers! LOVE the gem cetners--and I LOVE your papers and card design! GREAT job at this week's splash:) HUGS!

Cassi said...

what a fabulous card. i love the contrast of the creme, kraft, and black with the bright summer sunrise -- beautiful!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is stunning, Denise! Very beautiful! Good luck with the Gallery Idol contest!

Rhonda said...

I love black and cream. Simply stunning Denise!! I would vote for this one!!!

Jeanne J. said...

So pretty! Great take on the sketch - love the sunflowers with the gems and your fancy stamped background!

Carolyne Aarsen said...

Love the colours you used! So beautiful. And i love the layout.

carol (krillsister) said...

Beautiful card. Those sunflowers in the frame look so pretty.

Sara Mac said...

Simply gorgeous card Denise! The wrought iron looks amazing as a backdrop. Love all the special elements you included.

Vickie Z said...

Love all the images you used!! Sunflowers are one of my favs!!! BG, lace, ribbon are wonderful!

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Oh I like this, very pretty!

Jinny Newlin said...

This is stunning! LOVE that wrought iron background and all your yummy, little, textural embellishments! A perfect design!

Anonymous said...

stunning card! Which my minds eye paper pack is that?