Wednesday, May 9

You Bring Me Joy - Play Date Cafe #131


Hi friends... I'm popping in today with a card for the Play Date Cafe that reminds me of a garden party... green grass, bright butterflies, and sweet friends.  Plus, the sentiment was a perfect fit for the opening round of this year's PC Mag Gallery Idol competition : encouragement.  Isn't it always the best feeling to get happy mail from a friend?!

Our color story this week:
Seaweed, Algae, Goldfish, & Black


I am head-over-heels in vintage love with the new Au Naturel set from Clear & Simple Stamps.  I used the insect medallions to stamp a background using two shades of light green ink.  I sponged the edges with tea-dye inks for a bit of distressing.

I've noticed a lot of stacked pre-made embellishments in my craft store lately and thought I would try to create one myself.  The details on my layers: PTI Doily Details, double-ended banner, stamped butterfly from CSS Butterfly Garden 1, CSS Build-a-Flower die-cuts, and finally an orange button tied with twine.  I had a lot of fun piecing it together.


We hope you'll join us this week in the Cafe... we always love to see how our colors inspire your creativity.  Plus, we have Simon Says Stamp joining us again this week as a sponsor... can't wait to see what you create!

Simon Says Stamp

All Supplies are Clear & Simple Stamps unless otherwise noted.
Stamps: Au Naturel & Butterfly Garden 1
Ink: PTI Spring Moss; SU! Certainly Celery; A-Muse Studio Pumpkin; Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: Kraft Like a Rockstar (original & cream), Glamazon Green
Tools: Butterflies 1 die-cuts & Build-a-Flower die-cuts; PTI Doily Details die;

6 comments:

Vickie Z said...

Love the bg you created with the medallions and your cluster of image/dittys in the corner-perfect!!!

Steph Zerbe said...

Another beauty with Au Naturel! Love the stacked embellishment you assembled. Layering.... right up your alley!

Donna B. said...

Beautiful card Denise! Love how you stamped the background and the sentiment! The embellishments in the bottom corner are so cute - great Butterfly, flower, button combo!

Marlena M. said...

Denise, this is so pretty! I love it.

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love your use of the botanical print. Blessings!

Anne B said...

Love this garden inspired card Denise - and your butterfly embellie s just gorgeous :)