Wednesday, March 25

Bunny Bonanza

Today is a Bunny Bonanza! I've created three coordinating projects with the sweet little bunny from the NEW Eight Great Greetings stamp set. This set is featured in the Occasions Mini that will be released April 1st, but is one of a few sets available to you NOW for all your Easter crafts.

All of today's goodies were inspired by an SCS color challenge (CC211): Pretty in Pink, Kiwi Kiss, and Baja Breeze. I started by stamping my bunny onto watercolor paper 5 times - 3 times with the sentiment, twice without. I omitted the sentiment by carefully inking on the side of my StazOn ink pad. I colored my bunnies by 'smooshing' (a technical term) my ink pads to create small puddles on the inner lid. I then grabbed my blender pens and shaded away. I love this technique for 'watercoloring'. You get perfectly blended and shaded results with little to no effort on your own part -- the blender pen just automatically creates a lighter color as you blend outward. All of my rabbit friends were punched using the Wide Oval Punch and mounted onto scalloped ovals. (Marvy)

The centerpiece of this trio is of course, the card. I based it on SCS Sketch Challenge 221. For panel 3 I used a Baja print from Walk in the Park. You're going to love this paper! April 1st is right around the corner... be sure to subscribe (right sidebar) to be sure you don't miss any of the exciting things I have planned for next week. HINT: Candy and a Contest. Need I say more?

I wanted to create a tag for my daughter's Easter basket. My chipboard tag (Bazzill Basics) was covered in a Pretty in Pink polka dotted print. I added a background of Kiwi Kiss paper from the soon to be released Walk in the Park Designer Series Paper collection. Some Baja scallops, Pretty in Pink brads, and Baja striped grosgrain ribbon are just the right 'sassy somethings' to dress this little tag up. The 'wow!' comes from a few sweet buttons.



And what Easter basket would be complete without a few sweet treats? I zipped my Bag with Scallops die through my Big Shot with a piece of textured Baja Breeze cardstock. I trimmed the edges of my Kiwi paper with some Pretty in Pink 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, adhered Madame Bunny with some Stampin' Dimensionals, and 'voila!' -- a sweet treat bag any-bunny would be proud of! ;)




Want your own 'Happy Easter' Bunny in time for the holidays?
CLICK HERE
to order online anytime!

Stamps: 8 Great Greetings (113822) AVAILABLE NOW
Paper: Baja Breeze (111352) and Textured 12x12 astd. for treat bag (111345), Kiwi Kiss (111353), Pretty in Pink (100459), Walk in the Park Designer Series Paper (available April 1st)
Ink: StazOn, Creamy Caramel (103220), Pretty in Pink (101301), Baja Breeze (111833), Kiwi Kiss (111835), Rose Red (101778)
Tools: Ticket Corner Punch (107214), Wide Oval Punch (112082), Scallop Edge Punch (112091)
Must Haves: Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Blender Pens (102845), Watercolor Paper (105019)
Die Cutting: Big Shot Machine (113439), Extended Cutting Pads (113478), Bag w/ Scallops Bigz XL Die (114519)
Sassy Somethings: Soft Subtles Brads (106954), Baja Breeze 5/8" Striped Grosgrain (111375), Pretty in Pink 1/4" Grosgrain (109032), Button Bouquet (112092)

5 comments:

Jean said...

These are darling! TFS

Johna W said...

Very cute!
Johna
soonerscrampin.blogspot.com

Mary Fish said...

Hi Denise: I had a bunny bonanza yesterday, too (also using the Bag with Scallops). Love your coordinating projects. Nice job on the SCS sketch! Hugs, Mary

Carrie said...

Wow! These are so cute!!! You do such a great job!

Anonymous said...

Such a great set, Denise!

My favorite is the tag... I love the button accents. And your coloring is amazing.