Tuesday, March 17

Rise & Shine -- Ribbon & Roosters

I woke up this morning knowing one thing for certain: there would be no flowers in today's project. I turned to my Level 2 Hostess Set, Rustic Rooster, and to Splitcoast Stampers for inspiration. I decided to combine the Technique Lovers Challenge (TLC212) to create a Ribbon Frame with Color Challenge (CC210): Riding Hood Red, Summer Sun, and Kraft.

Upon review of my ribbon piles I opted to replace Summer Sun with So Saffron. To read the instructions for making a ribbon frame click here. I changed things up a bit by making the top of my frame into a bow. I tied my So Saffron grosgrain ribbon (a Sale-A-Bration freebie) to a textured 4" x 4" Riding Hood Red base. TIP: I recommend using glue dots to adhere your ribbon knots to its base and to prevent movement. My lower corners still looked like they needed a little something to me so I whipped up some cute embellishments using my Build-A-Brads and the smallest stamp from the rooster set.

My rooster is stamped in Chocolate Chip on a 2" square of Kraft. I also added one of my brads to the curve of the roosters tail - an idea I got from the Spring/Summer Idea Book & Catalog. A quick background was created by repeatedly stamping the french script onto Kraft. To pull everything together I used my Round Tab punch and some Vintage Brads to add the 'for you' sentiment off to the side. (part of the Great Friend set available April 1st)

Stamps: Rustic Rooster - Hostess Level 2 (113274), Great Friend (Occasions Mini available April 1st)
Paper: Riding Hood Red textured card stock (asstd. 111345), So Saffron (105118), Chocolate Chip (102128), Kraft (107070)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (100908)
Tools: Round Tab Punch
Sassy Somethings: Build-A-Brads - Brass (109108), Vintage Brads (109109), So Saffron Grosgrain Ribbon from the Sale-A-Bration Ribbon Bundle (114618)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like how you incorporated the frame. I thought the Build-A-Brads were pennies. Cute!

Patti MacLeith said...

Love those colors! You did a fantastic job. I need to try out my Build-A-Brads. Thanks for the inspiration!