Thursday, March 5

Feelin' Rosey

I love the change from winter to spring... something just fills my heart with happiness when I can start walking around in flip-flops and sit outside in the evenings with my husband. One of my favorite spring things are the all the beautiful flowers that begin blooming. With those flowers in mind I created today's card: Feelin' Rosey.

My card base is a 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" square of Pink Pirouette layered with Riding Hood Red and some lush Bella Rose Designer Series Paper. (Currently my favorite DSP.) When I layer I typically work in 1/4 inch increments. So, the Riding Hood Red is 5 1/4" square, the DSP 5" inches square. The DSP was ticket punched and Vintage Brads were added for pizazz.

My middle 'stripe' is Kiwi Kiss with another selection of patterned paper from the Bella Rose collection. I love that the Stampin' Up! paper packs always offer a great mix of subtle and bold designs. Ribbon from my stash was added down the center.

The center 'panel' gets all the attention by popping it on Stampin' Dimensionals. My Pink Pirouette base here is 4" square. The Riding Hood Red is 3 3/4" square and the Kiwi Kiss DSP (also part of Bella Rose) is 1/8" smaller. I ticket punched again to create cohesion with my elements.

A Rose is a Rose is an incredible 2-Step Stampin' set. When using my handy Stamp-a-ma-jig it is easy-peasy to align the images one on top of another and get a perfect result. I primarily used Pink Pirouette ink as my base color and layered it with RHRed. For some variation, a few of the base images were stamped in RHRed and layered with Chocolate Chip. The leaves are stamped in Kiwi Kiss and Chocolate Chip. TIP: Don't have all the ink colors you need? Use VersaMark on colored card stock for the Base image and follow up with a darker colored ink on top. The roses are attached to my card with Stampin' Dimensionals and a smaller pop dot that I purchase at my local craft and hobby store. I frequently like to use 2 sizes to create more depth and dimension. Lastly, the sentiment was made by isolating the 'Thank You' portion. (It typically reads: Thank you for touching my life.)

TIP: Here are several ways to isolate parts of a sentiment:
1. Use a Stampin' Write marker to color only the portion you want to stamp. "Huff" the image to add moisture before stamping.

2. Use a trimmed post-it note to cover (mask) the portion you wish to eliminate from the image.

3. Since with this sentiment the portion I wanted to preserve was on the end (not squished in the middle) I carefully inked the 'Thank you' on the edge of a Chocolate Chip Stampin' Spot.

Don't forget: Sale-A-Bration runs through March 31st. NOW is the time to stock up on supplies and to fill your wish list -- ALL while earning FUN FREEBIES!

1 comment:

Mary Fish said...

A second card? You go girl. I'm so glad you are sharing your talent on your blog. One of my favorite touches on this card is the snippet of Kiwi Polka Dot DP running down the vertical panel. Beautiful. Hugs, Mary