Monday, March 16

Soft Summer Long Note

I'm highlighting another beautiful set from the Occasions Mini today: Soft Summer. Did you know that you can purchase a selection of sets from the NEW Mini right now? Click here to see which sets are currently available for purchase. The remainder of the sets and goodies will 'go live' on April 1st.
My 'long note' begins with a Not Quite Navy card base measuring 4" x 9.25". Soft Summer is a 2-Step Stampin' set that is double mounted. I really like the organic feel these blossoms have. In addition, the tone and texture that is created with these stamps remind me of water coloring... but without all the mess! I stamped the 'base' of the floral image three times onto Very Vanilla card stock in Kiwi Kiss. I came back with Old Olive for the outline image. I snipped everything out and layered it across a strip of Walk in the Park Designer Series Paper printed in So Saffron. I'm crazy about the prints and designs found in this paper pack!

I wanted a few of my blooms to stand out so I decided to re-stamp my floral image in Baja Breeze, outlined in Not Quite Navy. After some more snipping I used Stampin' Dimensionals to randomly place these blue buds. Since flowers and butterflies just naturally go together I quickly grabbed my winged pal from Great Friend and stamped her in So Saffron. TIP: I love that you can gently fold the wings to really make her pop off the page. Some sweet scallops add a bit of detail and interest. Finally, a sentiment from Soft Summer, "Kind People are the best kind of people.", was double matted in Baja and Kiwi. I can see myself turning to this sentiment again and again. After all, a great sentiment is the heart of any card.

Stamps: Soft Summer and Great Friend (both available April 1st as part of the Occasions Mini)
Paper: Baja Breeze (111352), So Saffron (105118), Not Quite Navy (101722), Kiwi Kiss (111353), and Walk in the Park DSP (also available April 1st)
Ink: Kiwi Kiss (111835), Old Olive (102277), Baja Breeze (111833), Not Quite Navy (103008), So Saffron (105213)
Sassy Somethings: Scallop Edge Punch (112091), pearl stickers not SU

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a snipping queen--but what incredible results. Love the colors and your sweet butterfly.

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous, Denise.

I really love the color combo! The way you paired the Walk in the Park paper with the Soft Summer stamp set is perfect.

Kim said...

Beautiful card Denise. Love the colors, so fresh and soft looking!

Denise said...

It is my understanding after calling and checking with SU demo support that it is perfectly 'legal' to post sneak peeks for the Occasions Mini. However, I am not allowed to display the catalog cover, links to the catalog, or actual pictures/links to catalog content. My own creations using the stamps I was able to pre-order are acceptable. If you would like to contact me directly in regard to this 'issue' please feel free to e-mail me: de35nise@aol.com.

Sincerely, Denise