Thursday, August 6

Chic in Purple

Hello friends! Pals Paper Arts is hosting a Simple Sketch challenge this week. The sketch is fabulous and clean - perfect for dressing up or down. And speaking of dressing up... my card uses the dress form image from Chic Boutique.
  • A Rich Razzleberry standard card base is layered with Melon Mambo and a swirly print (4" x 4.5") from Razzleberry Lemonade Designer Series Paper collection. Stampin' Up! Designer Series Paper is printed on both side - the reverse happened to be a perfect fit for my bottom border and so it received a quick clip with the Scallop Edge Punch.
  • Rich Razzleberry Grosgrain 'hides' the seam were the two papers meet. (Also reversible - polka-dots adorn the opposite side.)
  • My main panel is Watercolor Paper. Using my Stamp-a-ma-jig I stamped three dress forms in StazOn ink. Then, I whipped out my Blender Pens and Creamy Caramel ink to quickly shade the pedestals.
  • The dress form image is stamped again onto Rich Razzleberry and Melon Mambo Patterns Designer Series papers. The form is trimmed and popped using Stampin' Dimensionals.
  • Today's sassy something: beads. I used my 2-Way Glue Pen to apply a thin line of glue and then grabbed my Paper-Piercing Tool to pick up the beads and apply them. (Please note there are no buttons on today's creation - such restraint! ;)
  • The image panel is layered with Crushed Curry and popped onto a 3.25" square of Rich Razzleberry. Two ribbon 'tabs' adorn the right corner.
  • I ran my Birds and Blooms Sizzlits through the Big Shot to create a layered flower. A few sparkly beads seemed like the perfect embellishment to dress up my bloom's center. In addition, I created leaves by looping Crushed Curry Grosgrain and slipping them under the bloom with Mini Glue Dots. (my constant go-to for adhering items other than paper)
  • Lastly, a 'fitting' sentiment. I isolated the first part of the sentiment, "It seems only fitting..." by coloring directly onto the stamp with my Rich Razzleberry Stampin' Write Marker. The remaining portion of the sentiment is on the inside of the card, "...to wish you a happy day".
  • We'll be wrapping up the Purple Series soon - a few more projects and a beautiful way to display them are coming your way... stay tuned!

I hope you'll join me at Pals Paper Arts this week and participate in our Simple Sketch Challenge. Remember: You are welcome to use any brand of products. If you find yourself pining for some NEW stamps and sassy supplies:


Stamps: Chic Boutique (113744)
Paper: Rich Razzleberry (115316), Melon Mambo (115320), Crushed Curry (115319), Razzleberry Lemonade Designer Series (115675)
Ink: StazOn (101406), Creamy Caramel (103220), Blender Pens (102845), RichRazzleberry Stampin' Write Marker (116329)
Tools: Scallop Edge Punch (112091), Birds and Blooms Sizzlits - 4 pack (113485)
Must-Haves: Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049), 2-Way Glue Pen (100425), Paper-Piercing Tool (116631), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
Sassy Somethings: Bead Duo - Red (110731) Polka Dot-Grosgrain: Rich Razzleberry,(115613) Melon Mambo (115611), Crushed Curry (115614)


15 comments:

Stampin' Diva said...

Love the card!!! I have been resisting getting this stamp, but I think I may have too!!!

Tiffany said...

Very nice and chic indeed Denise! Makes me want to go shopping!

Great touch with the beads on the dresses. You are too clever!

Enjoy your day!

Margaret Moody said...

I love your interpretation of the sketch, Denise! Your card is very chic and fun! The beads are very "fitting" as is your sentiment! Love your pretty bloom, too! You've inspired me to put Chic Boutique on my wish list of must haves!

linda callahan said...

This card has the WOW factor - love the dress forms with the DSP and beads! Sassy style for sure!

Gina Shaw said...

Denise, I love this card--the stamping is superb and the colors are gorgeous!

Ann Schach said...

Gorgeous card! I would expect nothing less from you! You are truly gifted!

Melissa said...

One thing I know for sure...if I need girly inspiration, I can always go to your blog! You always deliver!

Beautiful card!

Mary said...

Your card is beautiful. I was not sure if I would order the stamp set that you used but after seeing your card.....I need it. :)

Mary

~kelly marie~ said...

Love this card! The sentiment is so wonderfully perfect!

Patti MacLeith said...

Your beautiful flower is my favorite part of this card!

Mary Fish said...

Adore the beads and three stylish dress forms. The flower really blossoms! Hugs, M

Carla said...

Your card is so pretty. Absolutely love it.

Kris Kilcoyne said...

I just got this set ... and will have to use your ideas to inspire me.

Beautiful card, Denise.

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Super sheek. Love your ribbon treatments. Fantastic job with the PPA sketch.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Marsha Fisher said...

Great card all the way around...but I especially love the "sassy" beads!