Tuesday, August 25

Simple and Sweet

Just a quick post today with a simple card. I decided to have a Papertrey Ink kind-of day and use my new Everyday Button Bits stamp set. Did anyone really doubt I would be able to pass this up -- ya know, with my button obsession and all?!

I combined a few challenges for this sweet creation:
The details:
  • My Very Vanilla card base measure 5.5" square and is topped with layers of PTI Spring Moss and Everyday Blessings prints.
  • A piece of retired Stampin' Up! Ginger Blossom Designer Series Paper in Groovy Guava was zipped thru. the Big Shot using my Top Note die.
  • Two scallop squares (Marvy purple and green) frame my sassy cherries - made from PTI Hibiscus Burst buttons and tied with SU! Linen Thread.
  • Spring Moss Grosgrain is tied off with a coordinating button for a special touch, while Groovy Guava scallops peek out from the right edge.
  • Last, but not least, a sweet sentiment... because this spring-y card is definitely sweet!
Enjoy your day!
I look forward to seeing you Thursday at Pals Paper Arts
for a Halloween Challenge!

16 comments:

Amy Heller said...

Oooh, I love this!

Kathy Janicki www.sassystamper.blogspot.com said...

Great card...love the colors!

Kathy

www.sassystamper.blogspot.com

Tiffany said...

Beautiful papers! Love your design too. Nice work Denise!

Melissa said...

This IS a sweet card! How adorable!

I think there maybe a 12 step program for button addicts!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Really cute ... I love your color combination - especially the red buttons.

Linda Callahan said...

Outstanding!!! I love that button set as well......might have to splurge!

Mary Fish said...

That color combo is fantastic. Absolutely stunning card. Made my heart go pitter pat. Love the cherry buttons and the way you used the Top Note. Hugs, M

Marian Garcia, Studio M said...

So cute, great job! Come on by to visit mine.

xo, Marian
www.StudiombyMarian.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Great card Denise! I love those red buttons. Love it!

Ann Schach said...

Love those buttons! Great job, Denise!

Shelly Koskinen said...

This is so cute!

Carla said...

Your card is beautiful!!! I love everything about it. It makes me want to use my new Tart n Tangy. I ordered SU buttons cause of you and Kris... Thanks!!! I do love em. Hugs,

Sue Lelli said...

Very pretty! Love the scalloped edge! Nice touch!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card!

kim.mom said...

Love this card!

~kelly marie~ said...

Such a gorgeous card!! I just love all the shapes that you used. They all flow so well, the scallops against the top note is awesome. Love!