Monday, August 24

Classy Canary

Need a chic card for a sassy friend? Look no further than the Chic Boutique stamp set. The images are the perfect mix of chic, sassy, and even a little bit vintage.
  • My Kraft card base is 7" x 10" - scored in half... layered with Ruby Red and Old Olive. My Old Olive layer is punched with the Scallop Edge Punch and pierced using the Paper Piercing Tool.
  • Very Vanilla textured card stock is stamped with the damask image from Friends 24-7. I alternated the rows in Ruby Red and Baja Breeze. A Stamp-a-ma-jig is a must! TIP: I typically stamp an entire 12" x 12" piece of card stock when creating my backgrounds. This allows me to trim the best section as well as have a centered image. Plus, the 'scraps' always find their way to other projects. CLICK HERE to see an example of a 'scrappy' project.
  • I stamped my classy canary onto Watercolor Paper in StazOn ink. I used Blender Pens dipped in Creamy Caramel, Baja Breeze, and Ruby Red to shade the cage and 'tweet' friend.
  • A piece of Old Olive receives the Scallop Edge treatment. To create the cage's stand I used the ornament string from Tree Trimmings. (Not to toot my own horn, but I did feel pretty smart when I thought of this! ;) I trimmed my cage and 'popped' it onto the stand using Stampin' Dimensionals. A sassy button was added for the cage's handle.
  • Old Olive sits atop 2 layers of Ruby Red and Baja Breeze .This entire 'panel' is popped with Stampin' Dimensionals onto Kraft.
  • The 'hello' sentiment from Chic Boutique is stamped inside of a swirly frame from Frames with Flourish. TIP: The 2009-10 Idea Book and Catalog has a NEW and updated version: Framed with Love.
Sassy Stampers:
Order Online 24-7!

Stamps: Chic Boutique (113744), Friends 24-7 (113218), Tree Trimmings (116722), Framed with Love (114389)
Paper: Kraft (102125), Ruby Red (102030), Old Olive (100702), Very Vanilla - textured 12 x 12 astd. (108693), Baja Breeze* (retired), Watercolor (105019)
Ink: StazOn (101406), Ruby Red (102259), Baja Breeze* (retired), Creamy Caramel (103220)
Tools: Scallop Edge Punch (112091), Paper Piercing Tool (116631) and Mat Pack (105826), Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049)
Must Haves: Blender Pens (102845), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

* A wonderful substitute for Baja Breeze is Bordering Blue. (Classic Stampin' Pad (102265) and Card stock (102630))


10 comments:

Gina F said...

I wasn't sure if I like this stamp but now...I WANT IT!!!thanks for sharing is beautiful!!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

What a GREAT idea using the ornament string... I've asked myself (and others) "where is the stand for the bird cage"

Now you've found it!

Love your custom DSP.

Melissa said...

How very chic! I love your custom background! Gorgeous! I love the ornament string too! Wowee!

Mary Fish said...

Melissa is right. Very chic. Love how created the paper with the damask. Perfect Parisian background.
The colors are magnifique!

Hugs, M

Rosemary Olson said...

You have sealed the deal for me...I have to buy not only the Chic set, but the Trimmings one I was trying to talk myself out of. Wonderful idea for the stand! I really enjoy seeing your cards. Thanks for taking the time to share them.

Carla said...

Oh so pretty. Love the stand! Your colors are fab!

Ann Schach said...

So creative! I love how you used the ornament string as the stand. Don't you just love the damask image from 24-7? It is so versatile! As always, this is another "Classy Sassy"!

~kelly marie~ said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous! Oh my goodness! I jsut love it! It may be my favorite of yours yet! :)

Linda Callahan said...

Love how you blended the two stamp sets together! Tres chic indeed!

suzARTe said...

this card is truly beautiful. I love everything about it