Thursday, August 20

Christmas in August

I didn't think I was ready to get into 'Christmas mode', but this card has completely changed my mind! I'm ready to deck the halls and trim the tree! While those things may be a bit premature, I can definitely get a head start on Christmas cards. Today's card is inspired by 3 challenges:
ALL of these sites host fun and unique challenges each week - be sure to check them out for inspiration and project ideas!

The measurements for my card layers (from bottom to top):
  • Soft Suede card base 5.5" x 11" - scored in half.
  • Sneak Peek: Christmas Cocoa Specialty Designer Series Paper - 5.25" square.
  • Kiwi Kiss (retired Bella Rose Designer Series Paper) 4.75" square. TIP: Old Olive or Mellow Moss would be perfect 'subs' for this color combination.
  • A 4.25" square of Soft Suede got zipped through the Big Shot using the Finial Press Embossing Folder.
  • Whisper White textured card stock trimmed to 3.5" square. (Rounded corners compliments of my 3/16" Corner Rounder.)
More Details:
  • I used my handy Stamp-a-ma-jig to place the Ornaments. TIP: By using Grid Paper I was able to make sure they were evenly spaced. In addition, I lined up the 'string' stamp with the grid lines to be sure they were stamped straight.
  • The Soft Suede ornament was stamped twice - once on the Whisper White base layer, and again on a separate sheet to be trimmed and 'popped' using Stampin' Dimensionals.
  • My sentiment was created using stamps from Season of Joy. First, I stamped the swirl image in Kiwi Kiss. Next, using my Stamp-a-ma-jig, I added 'Merry Christmas' on top. The image was quickly punched using the Wide Oval Punch... one of my favorites!
NEW Christmas Products and a whole lot more....
September 1st - Holiday Mini!
Need a Holiday Mini catalog sent to you?
E-mail me your address and I'll pop it in the mail!

Stamps: Tree Trimmings (116722), Season of Joy (110384)
Paper: Soft Suede (115318), Whisper White - 12 x 12 Textured Neutrals - astd. (108693), Christmas Cocoa Specialty Designer Series (available September 1st) Bella Rose Designer Series (retired)
Ink: Soft Suede (115657), Kiwi Kiss (retired)
Tools: Big Shot Machine (113439), Finial Press Embossing Folder (115963), 3/16" Corner Rounder (109047), Wide Oval Punch (112082), Scallop Oval Punch - Marvy (pink)
Must-Haves: Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049), Grid Paper (102787), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
Sassy Somethings: Soft Suede Polka-dot Ribbon (115612), K&Co. Snowflake Brads


17 comments:

Daniella said...

Love the embossing. You have made me want to make Christmas cards too!
So glad you joined us this week at SPCC!

Susan said...

Thanks for joining us at SPCC. What an unusual, and wonderful, choice for Christmas!

Stacy Milford said...

wonderful card! wow...I seriously can't even begin to think about Christmas! I've got to go check out the stampamagig thing...2nd time I seen it mentioned tonight :o)

Emily said...

Simply gorgeous!

Emily-SP Diva

Mary Fish said...

Every day is Christmas, right? Sensational card. Love this set. Beautiful mix of neutral colors. Hugs, M

Ginger said...

Nice use of color! This card is elegant and I appreciate the directions.

Ginger

Laurel said...

Oh my goodness, absolutely gorgeous!

Tiffany said...

Elegant creation. i love this new stamp set. The ornaments are so pretty. Nice job Denise!

kim.mom said...

Beautiful!

Margaret Moody said...

Very nice, Denise! Love the Kiwi Kiss with the Soft Suede!

Mara Campbell said...

Beautiful colors for a Christmas card!!! I love it!

Jenny Gropp said...

Lovin' your color choices! Wonderfully done - thanks for playing along with the OCC Christmas Challenge!!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card! It is never too early to start on Christmas cards! Thanks for playing at SPCC!

Melisa-SP Diva

Martha said...

Beautiful card, love the colors you used.

Stephanie said...

Love this card! Great job with the challenge!

~kelly marie~ said...

Wow!! This card is gorgeous! I love those ornaments and the brads!

suzARTe said...

this card is just so stylish and lovely. Lucky person who gets this card, it really is beautiful