Tuesday, August 4

Purple's Got Mojo

These are a few of my favorite things: damask, flowers, and buttons... this card has them all! Plus this purple card has mojo - Mojo 98 to be exact. It's also part of my Purple Series.

My Perfect Plum card base is cut 7" x 10" and scored in half. Using the damask image from Friends 24-7 I stamped in Perfect Plum onto Pale Plum card stock to create my own background paper. HINT: The Holiday Mini (debuting September 1st) includes Designer Series Paper with a fabulous damask design.
  • I stamped the entire sheet of card stock using my Stamp-a-ma-jig and then trimmed a 5.5" x 4.75" section. I mounted this onto a So Saffron matte.
  • A 3.5" square was cut from Plum Perfect and zipped through my Big Shot using the Venetian Lace Cuttlebug embossing folder. TIP: Texturz Impressions Pads ensure a deep impression and perfect result.
  • My Circle Scissor Plus is the perfect tool for creating circles. I layered it with the scalloped circle from the Scallop #2 Bigz Die. The So Saffron print is from the (retired) Walk in the Park Designer Series Paper collection.
  • A Rose is A Rose was still sitting in my stamping area from PPA1 at Pals Paper Arts. TIP: Didn't have time to play last week? Tomorrow, Thursday, August 6th, a brand new challenge will be posted - A Simple Sketch. I hope you can play along!
  • The base color of my rose was stamped in Pale Plum -- the accent color is Perfect Plum. (Can you say all these purple colors 3 times fast?) The leaves are inked in Mellow Moss. I always stamp two of the large roses and then cut one down to layer and add extra dimension. Stampin' Dimensionals are this girl's best friend!
  • For a little bit of bling pearl stick-ons were added. To tie everything up: So Saffron Grosgrain, complete with a Button Latte middle. TIP: During the month of August you can earn FREE buttons with any $35 or more purchase in stamps from the Growing Up section of the catalog. Click here for more details.
  • Today's sassy something: my sentiment. I used the (retired) Tags So Much set to quickly add a sweet sentiment. TIP: All you need for your own sassy sentiment is a Tag Punch. (available in small or large)

Stamps: A Rose Is A Rose (111560), Friends 24-7 (113218), Tags So Much (retired)
Paper: Perfect Plum (101889), Pale Plum (101658), So Saffron (105118), Mellow Moss (102898), Walk in the Park Designer Series (retired)
Ink: Perfect Plum (101437), Pale Plum (102732), Mellow Moss (102774)
Tools: Tag Punch (small: 108264; large: 105934), Big Shot (113439), Texturz Impressions Pads (114614), Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049), Circle Scissor Plus (112530), Scallop Circle #2 Bigz Die (113469), Cuttlebug Venetian Lace embossing folder
Must Haves: Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
Sassy Somethings: So Saffron Grosgrain - currently available in 1/2" stripe (113699), Button Latte (114333), Pearl stickers (not SU)


13 comments:

Beth aka BR-T said...

This is a beautiful card I love the take incorporated into the ribbon! BR-T

Melissa said...

I love it! I esp love that ribbon! I gotta practice that!

Also love your damask dsp! Very sassy!

Gina Shaw said...

Stunning, Denise! I love everything about this card and all of the cards in your purple series!

Ann Schach said...

Denise, You own this stamp set! Everything that you make with it is wonderful. You are a fabulous card makeer. I have never seen a card that you have made that isn't drop dead gorgeous! When I grow up, I want to be like you! LOL

katou said...

Waouhhh ,I can see that like me you love this SU set.
Your card is so gorgeous.
Thanks for your nice comment on my blog and yes for sure I will try to do the next challenge

Katou (french SU demo )

Linda Callahan said...

This is beautiful Denise - love the yellow with the plum.

Patti MacLeith said...

My fav part--your excellent custom DSP! Very nice, Denise.

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Stunning rose, bow and button accent. Awesome job on the Mojo Monday sketch.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Mary Fish said...

Exquisite and well executed. Love the snipped and layered flower. Great take on the mojo. Hugs, M

Kim said...

Gorgeous Denise! Don't ya love that damask! Truly has been my go to lately :)

Andrea said...

What a very pretty card.

Carla said...

Very lovely card Denise. The yellow and plum are perfect together.

Tiffany said...

Lovely Denise! It looks so Victorian. What a beauty!!!