Thursday, August 13

Monkey Business - PPA3


This week Pals Paper Arts is hosting a Picture Perfect Inspiration Challenge. I love the playroom photo from Pottery Barn Kids and noticed a silly monkey on the shelf -- he is my inspiration. Because who doesn't love a little Monkey Business? (To view the full photo visit: Pals Paper Arts.)
  • My cards base is a 5.5" x 11" piece of Kraft card stock scored in half. A textured layer of Ruby Red is cut to 5" square and tops the base.
  • All of the patterned paper and tags are from The Write Stuff Specialty Designer Series Paper collection. The colors included in Write Stuff are: Crushed Curry, Soft Suede, Ruby Red, and Old Olive. Today's sassy somethings: the die cut tags. The assortment is great, plus, they are perfect for quick embellishments, journaling for scrapbook pages, or creating card layers.
  • Two small polka-dot prints in Soft Suede and Old Olive provide the background. A strip of Chocolate Chip felt ribbon hides the 'seam' and provides the perfect amount of texture. (The softness reminded me of a stuffed animal.)
  • I grabbed the Sock Monkey set and stamped Mr. Monkey 3 times in Chocolate Chip onto: Very Vanilla, Kraft, and Ruby Red. To add some 'nubby' texture to him, I zipped the Kraft image through my Big Shot with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder. TIP: The Sock Monkey set is part of this month's Stampin' Up! promotion. With any $35 in purchases from the Growing Up section of the catalog you earn FREE buttons! Click here for more details.
  • Using my Paper Snips (ideal for precision cutting) I paper pieced Mr. Monkey. A few Stampin' Dimensionals make him 'pop' from the flower tag.
  • The banana is stamped 3 times onto So Saffron and trimmed. Mr. Monkey holds one while the other two are 'framed' in quick circles along the bottom 'border'. I used my 1.25" and 1" Circle Punches for perfect layering. TIP: An additional set of Sock Monkey Accessories are available to be sure you have every occasion covered. (111552 - $21.95)
  • I love the 'punny' sentiment, "Thanks a bunch'. I stamped it onto Old Olive then punched it with the Round Tab Punch. A tidy bow (complete with sassy Playground Button) ties everything together.
Don't miss the Growing Up promotion.
Order Online ANYtime!

Stamps: Sock Monkey (111552)
Paper: Kraft (102125), Ruby Red (102030), Old Olive (100702), The Write Stuff Specialty Designer Series (115674)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (100908)
Tools: Circle Punches - 1.25" (104403), 1" (109046), Round Tab Punch (108340), Big Shot Machine (113439), Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Swiss Dots
Must-Haves: Paper Snips (103579), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
Sassy Somethings: Playground Buttons (116313), Chocolate Chip Felt Ribbon (retired)

13 comments:

Tiffany said...

This card is fun to look at Denise! Great job!!! It's way too cute.

Enjoy your day!

Melissa said...

I love it! Esp the way you layerd those punch outs! Simply adorable!

Martha said...

What a beautiful card. Well that's to be expected, you always come up with great colors! Love it.

Mary Fish said...

Aha! I thought someone might zone in on that monkey. You did it with such panache. Love how you layered the image over the Write Stuff flower and the row of bananss/heart is so clever!

Hugs,

Mary

Kris Kilcoyne said...

I absolutely love that you used pieces from the Write Stuff collection.

FUN!

Linda Callahan said...

How cute you picked the monkey to focus on! And I like how you used the DSP pieces - adorable card!

Gina Shaw said...

Love that monkey...and all the elements of this card! Terrific take on the Challenge!

Kim said...

So cute - I wanted to do something with that little monkey up on the shelf, but no monkey stamps for my set :( LOVE what you did with this card!! Great detail!

Patti MacLeith said...

Mr. Sock Money never looked so cute! I love the colors you used with him. Sweet!

Ann Schach said...

I just love sock monkeys! Your card was absolutely adorable! Great job!

Carla said...

Your card is sooo cute!!! Absolutely love that monkey! Hugs,

Carrie said...

Denise, this is so cute! I love that little monkey.
Perfect for this card!

Michelle Tech said...

Great challenge Denise! Your sock monkey is so cute!