Thursday, August 13

Monkey Business - PPA3


This week Pals Paper Arts is hosting a Picture Perfect Inspiration Challenge. I love the playroom photo from Pottery Barn Kids and noticed a silly monkey on the shelf -- he is my inspiration. Because who doesn't love a little Monkey Business? (To view the full photo visit: Pals Paper Arts.)
  • My cards base is a 5.5" x 11" piece of Kraft card stock scored in half. A textured layer of Ruby Red is cut to 5" square and tops the base.
  • All of the patterned paper and tags are from The Write Stuff Specialty Designer Series Paper collection. The colors included in Write Stuff are: Crushed Curry, Soft Suede, Ruby Red, and Old Olive. Today's sassy somethings: the die cut tags. The assortment is great, plus, they are perfect for quick embellishments, journaling for scrapbook pages, or creating card layers.
  • Two small polka-dot prints in Soft Suede and Old Olive provide the background. A strip of Chocolate Chip felt ribbon hides the 'seam' and provides the perfect amount of texture. (The softness reminded me of a stuffed animal.)
  • I grabbed the Sock Monkey set and stamped Mr. Monkey 3 times in Chocolate Chip onto: Very Vanilla, Kraft, and Ruby Red. To add some 'nubby' texture to him, I zipped the Kraft image through my Big Shot with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder. TIP: The Sock Monkey set is part of this month's Stampin' Up! promotion. With any $35 in purchases from the Growing Up section of the catalog you earn FREE buttons! Click here for more details.
  • Using my Paper Snips (ideal for precision cutting) I paper pieced Mr. Monkey. A few Stampin' Dimensionals make him 'pop' from the flower tag.
  • The banana is stamped 3 times onto So Saffron and trimmed. Mr. Monkey holds one while the other two are 'framed' in quick circles along the bottom 'border'. I used my 1.25" and 1" Circle Punches for perfect layering. TIP: An additional set of Sock Monkey Accessories are available to be sure you have every occasion covered. (111552 - $21.95)
  • I love the 'punny' sentiment, "Thanks a bunch'. I stamped it onto Old Olive then punched it with the Round Tab Punch. A tidy bow (complete with sassy Playground Button) ties everything together.
Don't miss the Growing Up promotion.
Order Online ANYtime!

Stamps: Sock Monkey (111552)
Paper: Kraft (102125), Ruby Red (102030), Old Olive (100702), The Write Stuff Specialty Designer Series (115674)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (100908)
Tools: Circle Punches - 1.25" (104403), 1" (109046), Round Tab Punch (108340), Big Shot Machine (113439), Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Swiss Dots
Must-Haves: Paper Snips (103579), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
Sassy Somethings: Playground Buttons (116313), Chocolate Chip Felt Ribbon (retired)

13 comments:

Tiffany said...

This card is fun to look at Denise! Great job!!! It's way too cute.

Enjoy your day!

Melissa said...

I love it! Esp the way you layerd those punch outs! Simply adorable!

Martha said...

What a beautiful card. Well that's to be expected, you always come up with great colors! Love it.

Mary Fish said...

Aha! I thought someone might zone in on that monkey. You did it with such panache. Love how you layered the image over the Write Stuff flower and the row of bananss/heart is so clever!

Hugs,

Mary

Kris Kilcoyne said...

I absolutely love that you used pieces from the Write Stuff collection.

FUN!

....Linda.... said...

How cute you picked the monkey to focus on! And I like how you used the DSP pieces - adorable card!

Gina Shaw said...

Love that monkey...and all the elements of this card! Terrific take on the Challenge!

Kim said...

So cute - I wanted to do something with that little monkey up on the shelf, but no monkey stamps for my set :( LOVE what you did with this card!! Great detail!

Patti MacLeith said...

Mr. Sock Money never looked so cute! I love the colors you used with him. Sweet!

Ann Schach said...

I just love sock monkeys! Your card was absolutely adorable! Great job!

Carla Bazhenow said...

Your card is sooo cute!!! Absolutely love that monkey! Hugs,

Carrie said...

Denise, this is so cute! I love that little monkey.
Perfect for this card!

2stampis2b said...

Great challenge Denise! Your sock monkey is so cute!