Wednesday, August 12

Scraps n' Squirrels

I'm not sure that I ever thought the word 'squirrels' would be included as part of my post title but today's project is Simple, Sassy, and a little bit 'squirrely'.
  • I always have paper scraps that I save (hoard??) so I thought it would be fun to do a quick card using a few scraps from 'the stash'. My Pumpkin Pie card base is standard size and layered with Chocolate Chip.
  • Using scraps from Kraft Patterns, Always Designer Series, and Delicate Dots Designer Series Paper packs, I trimmed varying widths and patterns to cover my Chocolate layer. One of layers even received a few quick punches with the Scallop Edge Punch.
  • For a little extra sass I also tied on some ribbon: Bashful Blue Striped Grosgrain and So Saffron Grosgrain. A bow with Playground Button center is a fun touch. TIP: During the month of August you can earn FREE Buttons with any $35 purchase from the Growing Up section of the catalog. Click here for more details.
  • Today's featured sassy somethings: punches. I was thrilled to figure out that the bench with squirrels image from Pendant Park is perfectly suited for the Wide Oval Punch. I stamped the bench in Chocolate Chip onto Kraft and popped it right out - easy! For added emphasis I used my Marvy scalloped oval (pink).
  • The simple 'Hello' sentiment was punched using the NEW Modern Label Punch. A couple of Vintage Brads accent the sides.
A new Inspiration Challenge will be posted at
Pals Paper Arts tomorrow.
Hope you'll join us!

Stamps: Pendant Park (115456)
Paper: Pumpkin Pie (105117), Chocolate Chip (102128), Kraft (102125), Kraft Patterns (retired), Delicate Dots (retired - SAB 2009), Always (retired)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (100908)
Tools: Wide Oval Punch (112082), Modern Label Punch (116630), Scallop Edge Punch (112091), Marvy Scalloped Oval Punch (pink)
Sassy Somethings: Bashful Blue Striped Grosgrain (110717), So Saffron Grosgrain (currently available in stripe - 113699), Playground Buttons (116313), Vintage Brads (109109)

8 comments:

Ann Schach said...

How colorful, Denise! A perfect way to use up scraps!

Carla said...

So pretty! I have to save my scraps too. Love your colors too. Hugs,

Melissa said...

I love this for two reasons...you CAN use the squirrels by themselves! and what a great way to use the scraps!

I love that bow you make! Very sassy, indeed!

Unknown said...

whixh we had this stamp set in the UK but alas no I love your card hun the purple manakins are cool as well(paper peiceing I love this technique)

Love Dawn xx

Patti MacLeith said...

Very nicely done. Doesn't look "scrappy" at all!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Really, really cute!

I love the color combo.

Mary Fish said...

I hoard my DP scraps, too. I rarely run out that way. Such a cute card and I enjoyed your post. Hugs, M

~kelly marie~ said...

So cute! I love all those patterns together and that stamp is adorable!