Tuesday, September 8

Butterfly Garden

I'm venturing out of my comfort zone today and into more mod territory. My inspiration comes from 2 challenges: Stamps and Smiles sketch teamed with The Pink Elephant color challenge: red, yellow, black and white. (specifically for me Ruby Red and Crushed Curry)
  • My card base is textured Basic Black (scored to 5" x 7") layered with Ruby Red and a subtle text print from Night and Day Specialty Designer Series Paper. TIP: This set of bold black and white prints also includes 2 polka-dotted window sheets. Ooh-la-la!
  • A strip of Crushed Curry Patterned Paper is combined with a sassy scallop to create a quick border. Black and white ribbon from my stampin' stash adds texture.
  • The sentiment is from Lovely Labels (retired). It was punched using the 1.25" Circle Punch and layered atop a 1.75" black circle as well as a Ruby Red scalloped circle.
My fluttery friends are from the Great Friend stamp set. The black butterflies sparkle in the sun with a layer glitter. Here's how: I stamped the butterflies in StazOn ink and sprinkled Heat and Stick Powder on immediately after stamping. Using my Heat Tool I quickly melted the powder until it was tacky and then added my glitter. Gently folded wings paired with Stampin' Dimensionals make these beauties 'pop' from my card front... a modern butterfly garden, don't you think?

Tomorrow: Join me for a Simple Sketch Challenge
at Pals Paper Arts.

Sassy Stampers:
SHOP ONLINE 24/7

Stamps: Great Friend (113792), Lovely Labels (retired)
Paper: Ruby Red (102030), Textured Neutrals - 12x12 astd. (108693), Crushed Curry Patterns (115686), Night and Day Specialty Designer Series (116768)
Ink: Crushed Curry (115659), Ruby Red (102259), StazOn (101406)
Tools: 1.75" (104401) and 1.25" (104403) Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch
Must-Haves: Heat and Stick Powder (100625), Heat Tool (100005), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
Sassy Somethings: Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter (102023)

20 comments:

Melissa said...

This IS very different for you, and I gotta say, I am loving it!

I esp love your line of butterflies, that is pretty sharp! I gotta try my Heat & Stick powder again.

I love this card!!

Carla said...

So pretty Denise, love that row of Bflies too. Hugs,

Ann Schach said...

Wow! These colors rock! Excellent choice of DSP! Love it!

Gina Shaw said...

Stunning, Denise! Love those butterflies fluttering across the card. I think you found a new comfort zone!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Very pretty ... I love your color combination.

LORi said...

Girlfriend this ROCKS!! Great Job Denise!! I am so happy you joined us at The Pink Elephant!!

Hugs ~ LORi

Carrie said...

I love how these butterflies float off the card. Beautiful color combo, too.

Pat Gasko said...

Oh so pretty butterflies and they look as if they're really flying. Love the colors too.

Mary Fish said...

You wear "mod" very well. Love the butterflies and your color choices.

Hugs, Mary

Patti MacLeith said...

I love this card and the colors. Nice job, Denise!

Jennifer Meyer said...

WOW Denise, what a stunning card! I LOVE the colors you used and the vintage background looks amazing with all of those gorgeous butterflies!!

Thanks for playing along with Stamps and Smiles! Hugs, Jennifer :)

Stampin' Diva said...

Love the colors!!! Great job on the card. Definitely a new way for you

Mrs B said...

Oh, such a pretty card!!! I just love the butterflies and the colors are just beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamps and Smiles!
CindyB

Jennifer Stricker said...

BEAUTIFUL! I love the colors you chose. Thank you for playing along with Stamps and Smiles this week.

Jennifer SAS DT

Angie K. said...

What a pretty Card!!!! Love the colors!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Denise, this is amazing. Your projects always have such precise detail. Awesome job as always :)

Anonymous said...

denise,
totally gorgeous w/ the butterflies girl!

Thanks for playing with us at Stamps and Smiles! And remember we just uploaded our new sketch today!

-- dalis

Lisa said...

Hi Denise! This card is outstanding! I love the butterflies!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamps and Smiles!

~kelly marie~ said...

Beautiful! I love the way the butterflies are just going to fly right off the card! So much movement! I just love it!

Sheri Gilson said...

Very pretty design!! Thanks for playing along with us at TPE this week!!

Sheri
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/