Thursday, September 17

Trendy Minis - PPA8

Now normally I am not a girl to kiss and tell, but I will make an exception today for Pals Paper Arts. We are hosting a K.I.S.S. Challenge - Keep It Simple, Sweetie - and are encouraging you to minimize and enjoy the simpler things in card-making. I'm also popping this card in at Our Creative Corner for their fall challenge. Here are the details for creating a KISS-able card:
  • Clean with lots of 'white' space. (white = negative or un-embellished)
  • Simple designs.
  • Minimum time to create.
  • Limited layers and embellishments.
This is not my strong point. You all know I am a serious lover of layers, bling, and sassy somethings, but this is definitely a nice change - and it is quick! I decided to concentrate on using the Trendy Trees stamp set and whip up a few sweet minis (3" square) for packaging fall goodies.

For my 1st mini, I punched 'hills' from Old Olive card stock using my 1.75" Circle Punch. Using my handy Stamp-a-ma-jig, I added a few trendy trees as well as the sentiment. No layers - no bling - no clutter. KISS!

On my next mini card I grabbed a scrap of the herringbone print from Autumn Meadows Designer Series Paper and layered it onto my card front - leaving a strip for the sentiment along the bottom. Then, I stamped a frame from Great Friend in Dusty Durango as well as a Trendy Tree trunk in Chocolate Chip. Instead of stamping the tree top, I added a few sassy buttons from my stash, snipped it all out, and popped it using Stampin' Dimensionals. KISS!

I hope you'll join us this week at Pals Paper Arts. Whip up a KISS-able creation - cute minis are only one quick and easy idea. Looking forward to seeing your sassy projects!

Sassy Stampers:
SHOP ONLINE 24/7

Stamps: Trendy Trees (113258), Great Friend (113792)
Paper: Very Vanilla (101650), Old Olive (102277), Autumn Meadows Designer Series (116769)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (100908), Dusty Durango (115654), Crushed Curry (115659)
Tools: 1.75" Circle Punch (112004), Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049)
Sassy Somethings: Buttons

15 comments:

Tiffany said...

Very cute Denise! I love your hills on the one and the added buttons on the other are perfect. Great job with the challenge!

Have a nice day!

Martha said...

I love your trendy trees. Great use of the circles too! Colors are beautiful as usual.

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Not your strong point, huh?

Well, these cards are FABULOUS.

I absolutely love the the button tree.

Kim said...

I'm with Kris! These are great and I think still showcase the Denise sass :)

Melissa said...

Oh hush! These are wonderful! Not your strong point....I will hear none of that talk, Miss Sassy!

These trees are terrifically trendy!

Love em to pieces!

Carrie said...

These cards are just adorable. I love the little trees on top of the 'hills' :)

Patti MacLeith said...

Denise--lovely! The colors are great and my favorite thing is the button tree and it's little outline!

Rose said...

These cards are adorable, Denise! Thanks so much for leaving a sweet comment on my blog :) Sidenote - congrats on the blog candy at Nicole's!! You got some great loot! (I'm jealous!)

Ann Schach said...

Just perfect, Denise! I wish that I had your creativity! The button tree is adorable!

Linda Callahan said...

Perfect little trees on sassy little hills plus sassy buttons - love them!

Rachel said...

I AM COMPLETELY IN LOVE WITH THOSE CARDS!!!OH MY!!!!

Margaret Moody said...

These are too cute, Denise! Love your colors and the DSP, too! My favorite...the button tree! So fun! Simply sassy!

Carla said...

Oh so cute!!! Love them both equally. Hugs

Unknown said...

you know sometimes simple really works and you did it I will have to try this too as I am getting bogged down with layers too!

Love Dawn xx

~kelly marie~ said...

Cute cards! I absolutely love that button tree!