Thursday, September 10

Out of the Box - PPA7

Ever get stuck and need a little help to get your crafty mojo kickin'? My favorite solution: a simple sketch. Lucky you: Pals Paper Arts is hosting a Simple Sketch Challenge this week. Pop over and check it out -- better yet, play along!

I love the vintage feel the Out of the Box stamp set provides for this little birthday greeting. (Hostess Level 1) Kraft card stock always seems the perfect fit for a vintage vibe. Add a bit of distressing around the edges and everything starts to feel comfy. ;)

One of my favorite new sentiment sets is FYI. And FYI: I say this ALL the time! Circle punches (1.25" and 1.75") made everything easy while a bit of paper piecing on the cupcake wrappers add a little sass. One darling button accent is the icing of the cake.

Use the Pals Paper Arts sketch to inspire you! And if you want some color inspiration check out this week's Color Throwdown combination: Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, and Close to Cocoa. I opted for Chocolate Chip and Kraft. (Hey, if you mixed these two colors together they would be the perfect shade of cocoa! ;) Feel inclined to Pile It On this week? Birthdays are the name of the game... and who doesn't need a great birthday card for their stash?! Wait, wait... one more! Practical Scrappers has a punch challenge this week. Phew! Got 'em all! ;)

Sassy Stampers:
ORDER ONLINE 24/7

Stamps: Out of the Box (Hostess Level 1), FYI
Paper: Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, Kraft, Always Designer Series (retired), Candy Lane Designer Series (retired)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red, distress ink
Tools: 1.25" and 1.75" Circle Punches, Scallops #2 Bigz Die
Sassy Somethings: Chocolate Chip Felt Ribbon (retired), Playground Buttons

22 comments:

Melissa said...

I love that you stamped right on the Kraft! You really were thinking out of the box! As always, I come to your blog and admire! Very sassy, indeed!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

You always come up with the best ideas using DSP.

Love the flat ribbon with that button on the end.

Jennifer Stricker said...

Fabulous card! That sparkly heart is adorable. And I love the patterned papers you chose. Thank you for playing with Pile It On! this week.

jennifer PIO DT

Patti MacLeith said...

FAB color combo and I like how your middle element is larger than the rest! Great interpretation of the sketch, Denise.

Mary Fish said...

What a sassy color combo with the Kraft! I love the big button and jack in the box images with the PPA sketch. Splendid. Hugs, M

Carrie said...

I like how the middle circle is just a big larger. I think 'vintage' when I use Out of the Box, too :)

Sylvia said...

I love what you did with this set! Great card!

Katie said...

What a beautifully put together card!
Great colors and I love the button!
Thanks for playing at PIO this week.

Carolyn V said...

Love the colour palette, Denise... and I find that orange DP is just delish!! :D

Margaret Moody said...

Very pretty, Denise! Love the larger circle in the middle! Great colors, too!

Ann Schach said...

Denise, this is so cute! I love your color combo, and the use of the ribbon and button! You are a true talent, my dear!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love your felt ribbon, glitter and button. Way to rock the color throwdown.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

dpkennedy said...

This is just adorable! Great sketch! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

Lori said...

This is so pretty. I love your use of the sketch and the colors. Great job...and that stamp set is adorable!

LeAnne said...

I have had my eye on that FYI stamp for a while.....and here it is again, used in this uber-cute card you've made! I am going to use this layout today!!! Love it!

Gina Shaw said...

Out of the Box is one of my favorite new stamp sets. I just love it and love what you did with it on your card. Great take on the sketch. Your colors are wonderful.

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Wow, great card! Love the fun colors and pretty papers. Thanks for joining in at PIO this week! :)

Brenda said...

Fabulous card!! Thank you for playing with Pile It On this week.

Anonymous said...

wow denise,
that is some awesome piling!!!!! love it!

Thanks for playing w/ the Pile It On! this week!
-- dalis

~kelly marie~ said...

Cute card! I love the sentiment!

Linda Callahan said...

So cute - great color combo....

Tammy Hershberger said...

SWEET card! I love that jack-in-the-box image! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!