Pals Paper Arts is hosting a Color Challenge this week: Ruby Red, Crushed Curry, and Brocade Blue. Everyone is welcome to participate and to substitute colors as necessary... even I had to sub a bit this week - replacing Brocade Blue with Bordering Blue (both part of the Stampin' Up! Rich Regals color family). These colors are rich and reminiscent of a brisk fall evening.
My card's layout is inspired by this week's sketch at Card Positioning Systems. The details:
- My Ruby Red card base is 6" square. (I found some large vellum envelopes at my local craft store that perfectly accommodate larger cards.) A layer of Crushed Curry and a Ruby Red print from Autumn Traditions Designer Series Paper provide the backdrop.
- For my main panel I stamped the tree from Season of Friendship in Chocolate Chip onto Very Vanilla and used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to add fall leaves in Crushed Curry and Chocolate.
- Two thin mattes of Bordering Blue and Crushed Curry highlight the tree image. My 3/16" Corner Rounder made things interesting by only punching 2 opposing corners.
- Instead of using ribbon today I opted for Linen Thread. I love the organic feel that this thread lends projects. In addition, it is the perfect go-to product for tying through button holes. At only $4.50 for 15 yards, you should definitely add it to your order! To wrap it around my panel I tacked down one end with adhesive, wrapped, and tacked the finished end. So simple but also SO sassy! For a little extra ooh-la-la, I tied on a Playground Button.
- The entire tree panel is popped using Stampin' Dimensionals. I zipped a piece of Bordering Blue through my Big Shot using the Matchbox Bigz XL Die. Not only does the Matchbox Die produce adorable favors, it also creates 3 functional (and fashionable) labels.
- I stamped the Season of Friendship sentiment into the label - attaining perfect placement by once again using my Stamp-a-ma-jig. The snippets of swirl were added with a stamp from Season of Joy. (It was still hanging around on my craft desk from yesterday. ;)
Stamps: Season of Friendship (111776), Season of Joy (110384)
Paper: Ruby Red (102030), Crushed Curry (115319), Bordering Blue (102630), Very Vanilla, Autumn Traditions Designer Series (115668)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (100908), Crushed Curry (115659), Brocade Blue Stampin' Write Marker (100064)
Tools: 3/16" Corner Rounder (109047), Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049), Matchbox Bigz XL Die (114890)
Sassy Somethings: Linen Thread (104199), Playground Buttons (116313)