Thursday, September 10

Sweet Treat

Who doesn't love a little treat? The Sweet Centers stamp set and Sweet Treat Cups make packaging a small treat effortless... with a sweet and sassy result.
  • The layout for today's card is inspired by a new site: Crazy 4 Challenges. Their sketch this week is perfect for a 'tent' card. Typically a tent card refers to making a smaller card base (scored at the top) and then adding an element that rises above that crease. A standard card measures 5.5" x 4.25". If you were to reduce the base to 4" square and then measure to allow your element to 'pop' 1.5" - it would still fit into a standard envelope. Make sense? Because the new Padded Envelopes are a bit larger and perfectly accommodate cards made with Sweet Treat Cups, my Chocolate Chip card base is 5" square.
A layer of Crushed Curry topped with Razzleberry Lemonade Designer Series Paper is just the right mix for fall. Before adhering this layer to my base I used my 1.75" Circle Punch and created a place to pop my Sweet Treat Cup filled with autumn colored buttons... perfect for my crafty friend!
  • I stamped the flower petals from Sweet Centers 10 times - 5 each in Pumpkin Pie and Dusty Durango. I adhered the Pumpkin Pie petals first and then staggered the Dusty Durango petals, using Stampin' Dimensionals. A few Old Olive leaves were added to each side.
  • Pumpkin Pie Striped Grosgrain creates a sassy resting place for my 'Wonderful Friend' sentiment. I used a Stamp-a-ma-jig to achieve precise alignment (no more crooked sentiments!). I love the whimsical font from Wonderful Favorites and the ability to customize a 'just right' personalized sentiment no matter what the occasion.
  • Linen Thread and a button accent mimic my sweet treats and tie everything together. For a little extra something sassy, I added two fluttery darlings from Great Friend. Their butterfly bodies were created by quickly wrapping a small piece of Linen Thread around their torsos.
The Holiday Mini Catalog is filled with sweet stampin' treats and great ideas for holiday crafts. Need a copy? E-mail me, and I'll pop your FREE copy in the mail to you.

Be sure to snag your own Sweet Centers stamp set and Sweet Treat Cups!

Sassy Stampers:
SHOP ONLINE 24/7

Stamps: Sweet Centers (116521), Great Friend (113792), Wonderful Favorites (115114)
Paper: Chocolate Chip (102128). Crushed Curry (115319), Kraft (102125), Razzleberry Lemonade Designer Series (115675)
Ink: Pumpkin Pie (105216), Dusty Durango (115654), Old Olive (102277), Chocolate Chip (100908)
Tools: 1.75" Circle Punch (112004), Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049)
Must-Haves: Sweet Treat Padded Envelopes (116911), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Mini Glue Dots (103683)
Sassy Somethings: Sweet Treat Cups (116802), Linen Thread (104199), Pumpkin Pie Striped Grosgrain (115616), Buttons

14 comments:

Ann Schach said...

I love the colors that you used for this card, Denise! The ribbon treatment is exquisite! No one does ribbon better than you! Perfection!

StampOwl said...

oh this is fabulous, thanks for playing the C4C challenge

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous!!!! Love it!!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh fun, awesome job.

Tiffany said...

Very cute! The buttons are back and what a great way to gift them to someone!! Beautiful creation Denise.

Melissa said...

Ann is right, no one does ribbon like you (or buttons, either).

I love these colors - that is the pretties flower I have seen with this set EVER! So very awesome!

Big hugs girl! Your blog should be named "Got talent? I do!"

Cards by Gina said...

Denise, You WOWED me with this card! I can't stop staring at it. It's absolutely stunning and I love all of your tips on your blog post, too. Thanks for sharing everything!

Carrie said...

These colors are so pretty together and I love that you put buttons in the sweet treat cup!

LORi said...

Hi Denise!! Your card is gorgeous!! So happy you joined us at C4C this week!!
HUGS~ Lori

Vicki G said...

This is a WOW card!!! Thanks for playing with us this week!

Vicki

Kim said...

Gorgeous flower Denise and I love your color combo

~kelly marie~ said...

This is one gorgeous card! That flower is incredible! Love!

Linda Callahan said...

Terrific! Buttons and a stunning flower!

Carla said...

I love everything... the flower, the butterflies, the buttons, the ribbon, the papper... WOW! Stunning! Hugs,